There’s cruising and, well, there’s cruising on a purpose-built, four-masted tall clipper ship. Prestige Holidays is thrilled to offer this truly memorable experience aboard one of only four authentic square riggers in the world, designed specifically for luxury cruising. The impressive itinerary of the seven-night “Star Flyer Experience” cruise, which travels from Barcelona to Cannes, takes in a host of wonderful highlights to stir the soul. But it could well be the elegance and romance of the vessel itself that steals the most hearts.
“While the itinerary of the cruise takes in a host of highlights to stir the soul, it’s the elegance and romance of the Star Flyer herself that will steal your heart.”
The Best of the Balearics and the French Riviera
The itinerary of this very special cruise takes in a host of highlights as the Star Flyer gently cuts her way around the Balearics and down to the French Riviera. You can explore the beauty and history of Barcelona before you board, then take the opportunity to go ashore for excursions during the cruise, including:
- Palma: where you’ll be able to explore the city’s extensive history and culture and visit its most iconic attraction, the magnificent Gothic cathedral.
- Mahon: Menorca’s vibrant capital, which is great for shopping, eating and getting a taste of the local life.
- Cassis: a charming and authentic French fishing port renowned for its picture-perfect beaches, pastel-coloured houses and vineyards.
- Fontvieille: a lovely ancient town where old meets new in the most delightful way.
- Monaco: where you’ll have the option to attend the principality’s world-famous Monaco Grand Prix Trials (when available).
- Tropez: to experience the beaches, boutiques, restaurants and unashamed people-watching of the most glamorous town on the French Riviera.
- Cannes: immerse yourself in the lifestyles of the rich and famous with a wander along the ritzy Promenade de la Croisette.
Life on board the seven-night cruise is friendly, relaxed, unhurried and completely inclusive. You’ll be embraced in the luxury of modern accoutrements and fine cuisine without the stuffiness of formality.
The Star Flyer: A Star of the Ocean
The Star Flyer’s ocean-going credentials go way beyond its masterful engineering as the loftiest tall ship in the world (equal to its sister ship, the Star Clipper). Built by a Swedish entrepreneur, these sailing ships offer a unique experience in that, while you are certainly invited to get involved in raising a sail or two, for those who simply want to enjoy the romance of the golden era of sailing from the sidelines, there’s no pressure to do anything at all.
Relive the Romance of the Golden Era
The Star Flyer is a true guardian of sailing heritage, from her polished brass accents to her gleaming teak decks and soaring masts. The graceful vessel accommodates 170 guests and, while the ambience is casual and sociable, there are plenty of outdoor spaces and intimate nooks to escape for some private relaxation.
The vessel is motorised, but you’ll travel under sail whenever conditions allow in order to enjoy the full splendour and freedom of the experience. The ceremonial unfurling of the sails is one of the most stirring and memorable daily rituals of the cruise, as 36,000 square feet of canvas are released to the ocean winds.
“The ceremonial unfurling of the sails is one of the most stirring daily rituals of the cruise, as 36,000 square feet of canvas are released to the ocean winds.”
If you’d like to find out more about this wonderful luxury seven-night “Star Flyer Experience” cruise from Barcelona to Cannes, please give one of our expert Prestige Holidays advisors a call. They’ll be able to answer any questions you have about the itinerary, the vessel and the cruising lifestyle in general. Come aboard – we’d love have you!